Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Lakes APLS: Discussion Group

How have you been? It's been a long time and I apologize for that. Why do I always bite off more than I can chew at back to school time? Then, throw in a presidential election and I am just over-extended! That said, I think it's high time for a local, Great Lakes region APLS discussion & advice group.
Got Apples? I do. Lot's of 'em. That's sort of a common theme here in the Great Lakes region. They're cheap, they're delicious, they're local and they're very kid friendly. How are you all preserving your apples for winter? I for one and planning to can applesauce, freeze apple pie fixings and try to create some kind of root cellar. But how? We are still experiencing some warm days here in Michigan. Our nights are pretty cool but when the sun is out, our day time temps can reach into the 70's and that's not root cellar cool.

So, Great Lakes APLS, what are you doing with your local apples?

If you haven't signed up for our local Great Lakes APLS group, please feel free to join here. We look forward to having you! Also, welcome to new Great Lakes APLS members Condo Blues, Selina & Ann Marie! I will be adding your name to our regional bushel basket straight away!